Effective Monday, March 16, 2020 at 5 p.m. the Boone County Clerk’s office will be closed to the public until further notice.

 There are many links to services at the clerk’s office at
We are encouraging customers to use the following online options instead of visiting the office

Motor Vehilce
OPTION 1: use the online renewal at
You will need a credit card to process this payment.
Online renewal instructions are included at the website listed above.

OPTION 2: If you are paying by check or cash, please mail- in your renewal to:
Bonne County Clerk - Auto Renewal
P.O. Box 874 Burlington, KY 41005
Mail-in renewals should include the prior year registration receipt, proof of insurance, and payment.

OPTION 3: Call 859-334-4880. You will need a credit card to process this payment

TRANSFER OF A CAR: Individual vehicle transfers will be suspended until further notice. Individuals that have purchased a vehicle from out of state will need to retain their documents until we can reopen. Individuals selling a Kentucky-titled vehicle to another person will also have to wait until we reopen to complete the transaction.

HANDICAP PLACARD: For new placards or renewal of placards, you must process these by mail. If you are wanting a second placard there is a charge of $10

*Record Room: The record room will be closed, even to those who have after hours key cards. You can access records by using the link provided on our website for records from 1999 forward.

* Notary Licenses: Notary oath and bonding are suspended until further notice.

* Marriage Licenses: Marriage license applications are currently being suspended. Please check the website for any changes. Please contact our office at (859) 344-3624

 *Copies of Marriage License: If you need a copy or certified copy of a marriage license, please send your request to the address listed above. If you need a certified copy then please include a $5.00 check or money order to process this request. You can also request a certified copy over the phone. You will need a credit card for this process.

 *Real Estate Document Recordings: Document recording may be submitted by USPS, FedEx, or UPS
Documents sent USPS can be sent to PO Box 874 Burlington KY 41005
Documents sent FedEx or UPS can be sent to 2950 Washington Square Burlington KY 41005

 Delinquent Taxes: Customers who need to pay any tax bill that is owed prior to 2019 can call 859-334-3624 and pay them over the phone with use of a credit card.

If you need to update your voter registration, you may do so online at You can also download a voter registration card from the Secretary of State’s website at or on the clerk’s website.If you need to contact the Voter Registration office please call 859-334-2130.

Thank you for your patience and understanding